Video: Drambuie ad promotes new bottle design
LONDON - Liqueur brand Drambuie has rolled out an ad campaign to promote its new packaging design.
The global TV and print ad, by SapientNitro, marks the conclusion of a three-year rejuvenation strategy. The brand is looking to expand its focus from the after-dinner liqueur market towards a younger audience.
In the ad, a Scottish man is seen running through the Highlands in 1745, to recreate Bonnie Prince Charlie's flight from Culloden in 1746.
As the figure continues to run, the landscape around him changes to mark the progression of time, and he finally emerges in a modern city. The ad finishes with the endline, ‘A recipe unchanged since 1745. The Spirit Lives On'.
‘The aim of the marketing campaign is to leverage the bottle re-launch to reinforce our brand values across key territories and position the product as a credible mixable spirit, helping to reach a younger audience whilst reassuring existing consumers that the bottle change doesn't mean the product has changed,' said Miranda Rennie, marketing director at Drambuie.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection Up to £23,000 & benefits, West Midlands
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £27000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Open Source Developer JM Digital £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits, Glasgow
- Media Senior Sales Executive Digital Gurus £25000 - £30000 per annum + 40% uncapped commission, City of London
- Marketing Commercial Analyst - Graduate Brand Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Oxford