Haymarket bucks trend to take digital property into print
LONDON - Haymarket Publishing, owner of Brand Republic and Autocar, has reversed the current publishing trend to launch an annual print edition of its online-only motoring website PistonHeads.com.
'The Best Bits 2009' is on sale for £5.99 online and is also available from WHSmiths. It will be stocked in some branches of Tesco next year.
The magazine focuses on PistonHeads.com's community of self-confessed petrolheads, who come together at a number of events throughout the year. Much of the content is user-generated.
Stuart Forrest, publishing director for PistonHeads.com, said: "A print product derived largely from user-generated content is a first for Haymarket, and unusual in the wider publishing sector.
"I'd also venture that this is the first Haymarket magazine to offer useful advice on buying everything from the latest supercars to a domesticated Indian elephant."
The annual has a limited print run of only 15,000 copies.
Haymarket Publishing also publishes Autosport and What Car? magazines.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Social Media Campaign Manager - £35,000 - £40,000 Premier Media Up to £40,000 including benefits (bonus scheme, pension, health care etc), Manchester City Centre
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...