Rob Norman to head GroupM North America
LONDON - WPP has handed GroupM Interaction chief executive Rob Norman the additional role of chief executive of GroupM North America, providing a sign of its belief in the importance of digital expertise.
Norman will take over the role on 31 March from Marc Goldstein, who will be retiring after two years heading GroupM North America.
Management responsibilities will be shared between Norman and Rino Scanzoni, chief investment officer at GroupM, which is the pooled media buying operation of WPP's four media networks MediaCom, Mindshare, Mediaedge:cia and Maxus.
Irwin Gotlieb, global chief executive of GroupM, said: "Rob's background, combined with the direction the media marketplace is headed, makes him the perfect choice to lead GroupM in this region in the coming decade."
Norman created the new media division of CIA in 1994 and went on to become managing director of Mediaedge:cia's digital division Outrider, then chairman of Mediaedge:cia UK in 2003.
He relocated to the US in 2004 to develop MEC's worldwide offering, later becoming worldwide chief executive of newly created Mediaedge:cia Interaction and in 2006 worldwide chief executive of GroupM Interaction.
Last November he estimated that brands will boost their online spend to upwards of 20% of their media budgets by 2015.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...