The Observer satirises TV news culture in relaunch ad
LONDON - The Observer is to promote its relaunch this Sunday with a TV ad inviting people to "pause, review and reflect" - watch it here.
Created by Wieden & Kennedy London, the spot breaks tomorrow and stars 'The Thick of It' actor Justin Edwards as a news presenter in a satirical take on the frenetic nature of today's news culture.
Shot from a variety of locations from the houses of parliament to the pigpen at a farm, Edwards delivers a quick succession of pieces to camera each linked by a rhyming or similar word.
The spot aims to demonstrate how the paper can cut through the frenetic clutter of the news world. It is directed by the Bafta award-winning David C Kerr.
Media planning and buying is by PHD.
Observer owner Guardian News & Media has invested in the relaunch of the title as a slimmed down four-section paper after deciding not to close it last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire