Lebedev requests OFT clearance for Independent acquisition
LONDON - Alexander Lebedev has informed the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) of his anticipated acquisition of The Independent and The Independent on Sunday.
Lebedev talking to Media Week in 2009
Lebedev informed the OFT this week of the expected acquisition.
The OFT has today invited interested parties to comment on the purchase of the titles by Lebedev Holdings, the umbrella company which owns the London Evening Standard.
The move by Lebedev is not standard practice, according to the OFT, but is not unusual ahead of an anticipated deal.
The deadline for negotiations between Independent News & Media, the owner of The Independent and The Independent on Sunday, and Lebedev is tomorrow.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London