Bebo digital director Dan'l Hewitt joins VBS.tv
LONDON - Vice Media, the youth-orientated media conglomerate, has appointed Dan'l Hewitt the director of digital at Bebo, as its new director of digital strategy.
Bebo'sa Dan Hewitt joins Vice's VBS.tv
Hewitt will be responsible for developing the content and audience strategy for VBS.tv, the online television network owned by Vice, in an effort to help boost the site's audience figures.
He will be based at the company's London office, but work closely with VBS.tv's executive creative director Spike Jonze, and its founders Suroosh Alvi and Shane Smith, based in New York
While at Bebo UK, Hewitt helped analyse the way that people consume content online, and worked with the social networking site to establish new ways of monetising those large online audience figures.
During his career, Hewitt has also held the role of digital consultant at eCircle, and was recently named in Revolution's Future 50 Digital Leaders 2010 list.
VBS.tv produces over 40 established shows online, covering subjects that range from sports to music to current events.
The company also recently co-produced the critically acclaimed documentary "Heavy Metal in Baghdad', which followed the progress of Iraqi heavy metal band Acraddicauda.
Andrew Creighton, the chief executive of Vice Media, Europe, said: "It is great to have someone with Dan'ls experience onboard as we look forward to building on success we have already achieved with the channel."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...