Gap rolls out iPad e-commerce app
LONDON - Fashion brand Gap is launching an e-commerce app for Apple's new iPad created by digital agency AKQA.
The free-of-charge app, called The 1969 Stream, is designed to promote the brand's 1969 Premium Jeans range.
It will feature exclusive content from Gap designers, musicians, and fashion experts, including a music video from US country rock group Truth & Salvage Co. The app was created by digital agency AKQA.
Additionaly, the app will include photographs of celebrities wearing Gap clothing and a Twitter feed from the brand's creative director Patrick Robinson.
The launch of the new app follows Gap's launch of its 'Stylemixer' iPhone app last year, which allowed users to buy Gap clothing and take advice from friends through a Facebook feed.
Apple is expected to officially launch the iPad in the UK later this month. It claims to have sold 300,000 products in its first day on sale in the US.
A number of media brands, including the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Lonely Planet, and Condé Nast titles Wired, GQ, Vanity Fair, The New Yorker and Glamour, have each launched apps for the iPad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London