Kick-Ass and Titans deliver million plus impacts for Puma
LONDON - The blockbuster releases of 'Clash of The Titans' and 'Kick-Ass' helped deliver at least one million impacts over the weekend for an African-themed football ad from sports brand Puma.
The Puma ad, created by the New York and Stockholm-based creative agency Syrup, ran in a campaign that was planned and bought by Publicis media agency ZenithOptimedia.
Puma's rival Adidas is an official sponsor of the 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa, and the Puma ad, called 'Love Football Africa', capitalises on football fever as it builds up towards the tournament.
'Clash of the Titans', the newly released 3D blockbuster from Warner Bros, was the most-watched film at the weekend, with an estimated 971,432 impacts, according to figures from Digital Cinema Media.
The second and third most-watched films of the weekend were also new releases. 'How to Train Your Dragon' from Dreamworks, the animators behind 'Shrek', delivered an estimated 969,306 impacts.
The third most watched film was ‘Kick-Ass' from Universal, directed by 'Lock Stock...' producer Matthew Vaughn, which delivered an estimated 792,184 impacts over the weekend.
|Total UK box office (27&28 March)|
|Film title||Total box office so far (£)||Impacts so far||Weekend box office (£)||Weekend impacts|
|Clash of the Titans (Warner)||£5,682,875||971,432||£5,682,875||971,432|
|How to Train your Dragon (Paramount)||£4,846,532||969,306||£4,846,532||969,306|
|Nanny Mcphee 2 (Universal)||£7,151,968||1,787,992||£2,600,678||650,170|
|Alice in Wonderland (Disney)||£37,940,131||7,588,026||£1,285,889||257,178|
|The Blind Side (Warner)||£3,403,289||694,549||£1,003,855||204,868|
|Remember Me (E1 Films)||£987,310||201,492||£987,310||201,492|
|Shutter Island (Paramount)||£9,160,010||1,869,390||£705,499||143,979|
|Bounty Hunter (Sony)||£5,144,207||1,049,838||£510,237||104,130|
|The Spy Next Door (Paramount)||£1,775,684||443,921||£256,892||64,223|
|Green Zone (Universal)||£5,429,903||1,108,143||£170,503||34,797|
|The Girl with the Dragon (Momentum)||£1,540,009||314,288||£117,726||24,026|
|I Love you Phillip Morris (E1 Films)||£2,298,494||469,080||£112,738||23,008|
|Avatar (20th Fox)||£91,354,118||18,270,824||£107,629||21,526|
Figures provided by DCM (Impacts are estimates based on box office figures)
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London