Best of the tech blogs
A Cloudy outlook
Posted by Brendan Cooper http://brendancooper.com
7 August - I cannot see the silver lining for the cloud. This is, of course, a criticism of cloud computing. While I absolutely love the idea of harnessing the power afforded me by Yahoo's server farms to do weird and wonderful things with RSS, I hate, detest and loathe the notion that I am totally dependent on them to be able to do so. I know that one day I will have really seriously important stuff in, say, a spreadsheet on Google documents, that I cannot access when it is critical that I must access it. Or I will get into trouble with a client because they will blame me for not making sure their RSS feeds are working properly.
Social media's future
Posted by Dan Thornton
4 September - Many of the people I work with have seen the benefit of using social media as part of the overall strategies for marketing and the business as a whole. However, there is still a lot of work to make it more integrated, show more of the benefits, and recognise where improvements can be made. With a bit of perspective, things can get a bit clearer. All the people I deal with on a daily basis have lots of concerns, and the use of social media is just one part of their jobs/roles/lives/plans - and for some it is a fairly small part. And that is how it should be at the moment. Eventually, I believe that the tool of social media should be integral to everything we do.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Market Intelligence Executive- Client-side Elizabeth Norman International £28000 - £38000 Per Annum, Brighton
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £35000 - £38000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Media Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Leeds
- DESIGN TEAM LEADER - SURREY - £38K Salt £38000 per annum, Surrey