Best of the tech blogs
A Cloudy outlook
Posted by Brendan Cooper http://brendancooper.com
7 August - I cannot see the silver lining for the cloud. This is, of course, a criticism of cloud computing. While I absolutely love the idea of harnessing the power afforded me by Yahoo's server farms to do weird and wonderful things with RSS, I hate, detest and loathe the notion that I am totally dependent on them to be able to do so. I know that one day I will have really seriously important stuff in, say, a spreadsheet on Google documents, that I cannot access when it is critical that I must access it. Or I will get into trouble with a client because they will blame me for not making sure their RSS feeds are working properly.
Social media's future
Posted by Dan Thornton
4 September - Many of the people I work with have seen the benefit of using social media as part of the overall strategies for marketing and the business as a whole. However, there is still a lot of work to make it more integrated, show more of the benefits, and recognise where improvements can be made. With a bit of perspective, things can get a bit clearer. All the people I deal with on a daily basis have lots of concerns, and the use of social media is just one part of their jobs/roles/lives/plans - and for some it is a fairly small part. And that is how it should be at the moment. Eventually, I believe that the tool of social media should be integral to everything we do.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...