C&A issues brief ahead of global advertising campaign
C&A, the international clothes retailer, is looking for an agency to handle a global advertising campaign to star Cindy Crawford.
Cindy Crawford: has signed up to be the face of C&A’s advertising
The brand, which has recently signed the former supermodel as the face of its advertising, has issued a global brief to ad agencies interested in competing for the business.
However, the brief excludes the UK, where C&A took the decision to exit in 2000 and closed its 109 stores.
The retailer has its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium and Düsseldorf, Germany. It has stores across Europe as well as in Brazil, China and Mexico.
C&A has attempted to reinvent its image in recent years, signing high-profile names to endorse the brand. The singer Beyoncé released her own clothing line with C&A and starred in a 2010 TV campaign for the brand.
The retailer struggled to address its downmarket image in the UK, with the phrase "man at C&A" entering the lexicon as a put-down for badly dressed males.
C&A was founded in 1841 by the brothers Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer as a textile company, taking its name from their initials. The family continues to own the business.
It has 11 sub-brands: Angelo Litrico, Baby Club, Canda, Clockhouse, Here+There, Palomino, Rodeo, Westbury, Yessica, Yessica Pure and Your Sixth Sense.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...