Omnicom's 180 promotes Michael Allen to chief executive
180, the creative agency owned by Omnicom, has appointed its Los Angeles managing partner Michael Allen as global chief executive.
Michael Allen: global chief executive, 180
Allen succeeds Chris Mendola, one of the founders of the agency, who becomes chairman.
Allen started 180 LA as managing partner and president in 2007 after leaving sister Omnicom agency TBWA/Chiat/Day.
The office has grown from four employees and one founding client to 85 employees. Core clients include Sony Electronics, Boost Mobile, Mitsubishi Motors and Constellation Wines.
Allen has 25 years experience working in international marketing on some of the world's most famous brands, including Adidas, Apple, Motorola, Sony and Ray-Ban.
He has held senior management positions on both the client and agency sides of the business, including seven years as a senior marketing client at Nike.
He is also credited with reviving Nissan in 1999, introducing "Impossible is Nothing" for adidas in 2004, helping Ray-Ban persuade the world to "Never Hide" in 2006, and branding the "make.believe" spirit for Sony in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...