BBH's Nick Stringer moves to News International
News International has appointed the Bartle Bogle Hegarty partner Nick Stringer as its director of marketing communications.
Stringer: director of marketing communications role
Stringer replaces Barnaby Dawe, who left the company earlier this year to take on the role of chief marketing officer at HarperCollins.
He takes a key role at NI as it reaches the final stages of a pitch for its £28 million advertising business and will report to the chief marketing officer, Katie Vanneck-Smith.
Stringer has worked at BBH since 2007, most recently on the KFC and Weetabix accounts. Before that, he was the marketing manager at Channel 4 and the brand and advertising manager of The Times and The Sunday Times during a previous stint at NI. He joins the company in May.
In September last year, NI unveiled a new marketing structure for The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun newspapers comprising three core disciplines. NI’s marketing department was split into brand management, acquisition/sales and customer management teams supported by a shared marketing communications team. Stringer takes charge of this team.
In February, NI called a review of its ad business, but the process was restricted to agencies within WPP.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...