Martin Sorrell gets in touch with his softer side with Valley Girl Show
In a step-change from his usual outings as the sage of Soho, WPP's chief executive, Sir Martin Sorrell, talks about his difficulties going through the andropause, having the Queen "stick her sword" on his shoulders, and links to Google co-founder Sergey Brin.
In a heavily-edited video interview conducted on a giant pink tiger print stiletto, Sorrell admits to feeling like "an absolute berk".
In scenes the 65-year-old admits "wouldn't make the Cannes Film Festival", he proceeds to don a pink tie around his neck in 10 seconds, although in perhaps a giveaway sign, he apporaches it like a bow tie, as opposed to tying a standard neck tie.
The global leader does venture into more familar territory when he talks about the challenges an entrepreneur faces in "taking an established company kicking and screaming into the 21st Century", and admits when he acquired ad agency JWT he was warned it "has problems in places where most people don't have places".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + bonus - depending on experience , St. Albans
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...