HuffPo launches UK advertising pitch
The Huffington Post UK, the news and current affairs website, is holding a review of its advertising account.
The Huffington Post UK: ad review
The site, which launched last summer, appointed MBA to work on its advertising in June last year but has called a pitch for the business.
Agencies are expected to pitch for the account next week. MBA has taken the decision not to repitch, effectively resigning the business.
The AOL-owned site is thought to have called the review after changes to the marketing and management team at AOL, which include the December departure of AOL Europe’s vice-president of marketing and communications, Sarah Gavin.
MBA has created high-profile work for The Huffington Post, which included launch activity comprising an outdoor and Twitter campaign asking commuters to "blog all about it". Activity also included press, taxi and online advertising, as well as mock newspaper stands at stations complete with sellers shouting the campaign strapline.
AOL acquired The Huffington Post for $315 million in February 2011. In the first month of its UK launch, it attracted more than one million unique users. The UK version is based on the US model, which employs a team of journalists and sources material from unpaid bloggers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...