Kronenbourg hands £5m creative account to Ogilvy & Mather
The Heineken-owned beer brand Kronenbourg 1664 has appointed Ogilvy & Mather to its £5 million UK advertising account.
Kronenbourg: BBH was the former incumbent
The agency beat CHI & Partners, JWT London and WCRS to the business after a review that was called in March through AAR.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty was the incumbent on the account but did not repitch. The agency was appointed to the business in July 2010 when it was moved out of M&C Saatchi, after nine years, without a pitch.
BBH created the "slow the pace" positioning for Kronenbourg that featured Motörhead and Madness playing slowed-down versions of the classic songs Ace Of Spades and Baggy Trousers.
The campaign spanned TV, documentary films, print, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook activity.
BBH’s global ad duties on the Heineken-owned Sol, which it won in June last year after a pitch, are not affected by the appointment of Ogilvy & Mather.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London