Why we're loving ... Tony Hogqvist, executive creative director, Perfect Fools
Why: Hogqvist has created Kauko, the world's first internet-controlled interactive cafe.
Kauko: World's first internet-controlled cafe
Outwardly, Kauko is a normal cafe, but its furniture, service and atmosphere can be remotely controlled via a website in real time. Visitors to youdesign.fi can reshape the cafe's interior, and actions may or may not leave its clientele with a positive outcome: it depends on the controller. The cafe is part of a campaign to celebrate Helsinki as "World Design Capital".
How: Hogqvist says: "The biggest challenge was to set it up in time.
I remember when we did the proof of concept and told the client we couldn't be sure it could be made in the short amount of time, but we would try. They said 'go'. It takes brave people to do great work."
The reason I got into advertising was ... my grandmother, who was an artist. She never said it, but her happiest moments were showing her work to people and hearing the feedback. When I got a Commodore 64 computer, I made pixel paintings and invited people to my room to view them. Back then, there was no way to save them, so I had to take pictures of the screen. Then came the internet, and instant feedback was the most rewarding thing ever.
My best career bits so far are ... what Perfect Fools created for Converse with "The Canvas Experiment". When it launched, you could literally see engagement happening in real time.
The biggest influence on my career has been ... my classmates from high school. We were a tight group that still compete today and steal inspiration from each other. We all became entrepreneurs or creative leaders in the industry.
I'm really inspired by ... the countryside. I just bought a country house in the woods in the middle of Sweden. It's an old school with enough room for my own studio. I go there to clear my head.
You probably don't know this but I ... am motivated by problem solving. For me, advertising is less about working with brands and more about working with the people - the clients.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...