Daily Diary - What mugs
Last year we bought you news of Cambridge University students Ross Harper and Ed Moyse selling advertising space on their faces.
Ross Harper and Ed Moyse
Well five months on and the 22 year-old graduates from Selqwn College, Cambridge, have proved they are clearly are no mugs when it comes to advertising.
Since setting up the website, buy my face, the duo have caught the attention of advertisers such as Paddy Power and Ernst and Young and so far have managed to raise £31,632. That is well on the way to reaching their £50,000 target in 366 days to pay off their student loan.
After realising their original plan of selling their face space for a £1 a day wasn’t creating the return-on-investment they had hoped for, they have since upped their rates to £400 a day! Their next availability is Saturday 10 March. Now that gives social media a whole new meaning.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 + Car, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...