WKD takes blokes to the gym
WKD, the vodka-based alcopop brand, has launched the latest TV ad in its long-running 'Have You Got A WKD Side?' campaign.
The ad shows three men riding exercise bikes and watching women doing an aerobics class. The men cycle very quickly whenever the women turn around, but then slow down as soon as they look away.
The ad was conceived by Craig Buzzel at integrated creative agency Big Communications and was directed by Jon Greenhalgh.
Debs Carter, marketing director at WKD, said: "There is often a lot of expectation and excitement around new WKD TV ads and Big has not let us down. They have created another witty ad that we're sure our target audience will engage with."
WKD is available in blue, Iron Brew, red cherry and, since last year, purple. To support the purple variant, Big Communications created a TV, outdoor, trade press and point-of-sale campaign.
Dylan Bogg, chief executive and executive creative director at Big Communications, said: "Big has worked with WKD for 12 years now and since we helped the brand achieve the number-one spot in the ready-to-drink sector, we have had no intention of letting that go.
"Research has shown that the campaign still resonates with the target audience and it's significantly more successful than some of the higher-spending brands."
Big Communications is part of Mission Marketing Group and is based in Leicester.
WKD is owned by Beverage Brands and its media planning and buying is handled by WPP's MediaCom.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...