WKD takes blokes to the gym
WKD, the vodka-based alcopop brand, has launched the latest TV ad in its long-running 'Have You Got A WKD Side?' campaign.
The ad shows three men riding exercise bikes and watching women doing an aerobics class. The men cycle very quickly whenever the women turn around, but then slow down as soon as they look away.
The ad was conceived by Craig Buzzel at integrated creative agency Big Communications and was directed by Jon Greenhalgh.
Debs Carter, marketing director at WKD, said: "There is often a lot of expectation and excitement around new WKD TV ads and Big has not let us down. They have created another witty ad that we're sure our target audience will engage with."
WKD is available in blue, Iron Brew, red cherry and, since last year, purple. To support the purple variant, Big Communications created a TV, outdoor, trade press and point-of-sale campaign.
Dylan Bogg, chief executive and executive creative director at Big Communications, said: "Big has worked with WKD for 12 years now and since we helped the brand achieve the number-one spot in the ready-to-drink sector, we have had no intention of letting that go.
"Research has shown that the campaign still resonates with the target audience and it's significantly more successful than some of the higher-spending brands."
Big Communications is part of Mission Marketing Group and is based in Leicester.
WKD is owned by Beverage Brands and its media planning and buying is handled by WPP's MediaCom.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Designer - Fashion E-commerce retail brand Creative Recruitment £90 - £120 per day, City of London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + bens, West London
- Project Manager Gemini Search £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Brand Director EMR £100000 - £120000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Developer / PM Digital Gurus £20000 - £27000 per annum, London
- RETOUCHER (Fashion, Photoshop, Ecommerce, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, London