Andrex recalls 'real' puppy for 40th anniversary campaign
Andrex is to use a 'real' puppy mascot again as a one-off for a campaign to celebrate its 40th anniversary.
Andrex: brings back puppy mascot
The Kimberly-Clark-owned brand, which introduced a CGI puppy to its ads in 2010, is marking the milestone with a £2m push.
This will bring its partnership with the Guide Dogs charity to the fore and is intended to encourage consumers to help raise funds to train 40 guide dogs. Andrex is using its digital platform, Puppy Points, to help raise the near-£300,000 it costs to train the guide dogs over a two-year period.
The campaign, by JWT London, informs consumers that they can donate by scanning a code on promotional Andrex packs with their smartphone, or buying promotional soft-toy guide dog puppies.
Consumers will be able to track the dogs’ progress via Facebook, and use a Blippar app to train a ‘virtual guide dog’ on smartphones.
Meanwhile, Andrex announced this week that Sophie Woodford is its new UK marketing manager. She will report to European marketing director Jon White.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...