Marie Claire claims UK first with video ad in October issue
Marie Claire, the monthly women's magazine owned by IPC, is carrying a video ad for a Dolce and Gabbana fragrance in the pages of some copies of its October edition.
The ad has been inserted in a few thousand copies of the 396-page issue, on pages 34 and 35.
It features a 45-second video ad including sound, which plays when the reader opens the page.
Procter & Gamble, the company licensed to produce the fragrance, placed the ad through media agency MediaCom.
The technology used for the ad has been developed by the US firm Americhip, which has already used it in foreign titles, including Russian Vogue. This is believed to be the first time a UK glossy has used the technology.
IPC's Innovator team, which delivers multimedia direct marketing campaigns, managed the insertion of the ad.
Justine Southhall, publishing director at Marie Claire, said: "We are so delighted and proud to be the first UK magazine to bring our readers this fabulous technology.
"Having the video in the magazine is a truly magical experience. With additional support on www.marieclaire.co.uk and our social media channels, it has already become a 'must see' experience."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...