Reality check: August 2012
August was the battle of the price-comparison sites in our round-up of the most-remembered and most-liked ads.
Gocompare.com: Stuart Pearce spot was most-remembered ad in August
There were few Olympics ads - Channel 4's "meet the superhumans" was the most-talked-about online, but it's classified here as a "promo", so it doesn't make the table.
Gocompare.com's Stuart Pearce spot was the most-remembered, but the most-liked category was headed by the Comparethemarket.com spot, according to data from Nielsen and NM Incite.
McDonald's was the sole Olympic-themed ad here, while Aldi and Sky managed to appear in both the most-remembered and most-liked top five.
The "most-remembered" score is the percentage of viewers who can recall within 24 hours the storyline of an ad. These scores are indexed against a mean score for all new ads, with 100 representing the mean. The "most-liked" score is the percentage of viewers who liked a spot indexed against the mean score of 100.
|Reality Check August 2012|
Most-talked-about ads online
||'more soft toys'||'harsh dragon'|
|'follow your passion'||'mayonnaise'||'express yourself'
|AMV BBDO||McCann Manchester
|'lawnmower'||'we all make the Games'||'real deal'
||Saatchi & Saatchi
|'goal'||'Internet Explorer 9'||'goal'
|Brothers and Sisters
||Brothers and Sisters
|'mayonnaise'||'goal'||'follow your passion'|
||Brothers and Sisters
Source: Nielsen TV Brand Effect and NM Incite. Only new ads airing 1-31 August 2012. Minimum sample = 150.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...