Kia to run global 'Power to Surprise' co-creation campaign
Kia will use the best elements of a co-creation competition it ran as inspiration for its upcoming global brand campaign, based around a "Power to Surprise" theme.
Kia: a Chinese submission for the Power to Surprise co-creation campaign
The automotive manufacture ran the co-creation project on eYeka and will share a prize pool of £48,000 among the 13 best submissions.
Around 250 submissions were received from people in countries including the UK, France, Korea, China, Russia, USA, Spain, Brazil, Germany and Bulgaria.
Kia claims the "Power to Surprise" brief has different meanings and interpretations across different markets, meaning the results of the campaign will be used to help Kia's marketing team to promote the brand globally.
Myung-Seob Kim, general manager at Kia Motors, said: "We live in an age of participation where people want to be more involved with the brands they support.
"By opening up our creative process, we are not only acknowledging that – we are actively seeking a very unusual take on the KIA spirit, as a source of constant reinvention and challenges for our brand."
The best entries are being hosted on Kia's global Facebook page, with people being encouraged to share them with friends.
Facebook users are able to vote on their favourite submission up until tomorrow (25 October) with votes being driven by the giveaway of iPads to 10 randomly selected voters.
François Pétavy, chief executive at eYeka, said car fans across the globe were "overjoyed to collaborate with a distinctive, creative brand like Kia".
The campaign will run in the UK in early 2013.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...