Coca-Cola launches two-minute ad to tackle obesity
The Coca-Cola Company has launched a two-minute TV ad in the US as part of its bid to tackle the issue of obesity.
The campaign, created by Bright House and Citizen2, launched in the US last night on national news channels, including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. It is the first time the brand has attempted to tackle the issue of obesity in its advertising.
The two-minute ad, called "coming together", encourages everyone to be mindful that all calories count in managing their weight, including those in Coca-Cola products.
In a statement Coca-Cola said it would work with American communities, business and government leaders to "find meaningful solutions to the complex challenge of obesity".
The ad highlights that the company provides low-calorie drinks and offers portion-controlled versions of their full-fat beverages and labels the calorie content on all its drinks.
A second spot, called "be OK", will debut during ‘American Idol’ in the US on Wednesday 16 January. It will make clear that a can of Coca-Cola has 140 calories and encourage people to have some fun while burning calories off.
Stuart Kronauge, general manager, sparkling beverages, Coca-Cola North America, said: "We are committed to bring people together to help fight obesity.
"This is about the health and happiness of everyone who buys our products and wants great-tasting beverages, choice and information. The Coca-Cola Company has an important role in this fight. Together, with willing partners, we will succeed."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...