Spencer Berwin has high expectations for the outdoor specialist in 2013 as significant investment in the medium continues apace.
JCDecaux has a simple vision: to become the most inspiring sales team in UK media. We recently held our company "huddle" in the Cabinet War Rooms, where we outlined how it is more important than ever for outdoor companies to innovate, build partnerships and look at new audience-led solutions for our clients.
We are aiming for a working environment where everyone feels they can contribute, develop and enjoy the rewards together. We have launched a number of teams drawing on company-wide talent, including a community of creative minds and Pulse, a group dedicated to creating live, topical and tactical responses for our clients.
We have introduced a framework called APPS (audience, people, planning, screen) that will be applied to everything we do, ensuring we deliver inspiration for staff and clients.
Developing talent is a key part of our strategy and, in the past 18 months, we have promoted 26 people out of a sales team of 67. Good ideas can come from any part of the business, as shown by our Visionary Enterprise scheme. Open to all employees, entrants pitch their business idea to JCDecaux’s board and the winner gets the backing to take their project to market. They can also opt for a work placement in one of our 55 businesses worldwide.
Our investment in the UK outdoor industry continues with the Cromwell Road Digital Gateway, the launch of Trinity Leeds mall on 21 March and the arrival later this year of Waterloo Motion, a 40-metre canvas for brand communication in rail. The next 12 months promises to be our most exciting yet.
Spencer Berwin is the managing director of sales at JCDecaux UK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...