McDonald's revives Monopoly-theme promotion with digital gaming functionality
McDonald's is reviving its Monopoly-themed promotion, this time offering customers the chance to win cash and product prizes via mobile devices.
McDonald's: launches digital-gaming version of McDonald's Monopoly promotion
Now into its eighth year, McDonald's Monopoly Fortunes rolls out today and will run across UK restaurants for six weeks.
Where previously the game could only be played on a paper "peel-and-play" game board, McDonald's is now offering customers the chance to play through mobile and tablet devices by entering a unique code from each sticker onto a virtual game board.
Prizes range from £50,000 in cash and Honda Civic cars, to millions of McDonald's food products. The fast-food chain has also tied up with Best Western to offer more than 1,200 breaks to winning customers.
As part of the game, McDonald's is bringing four products back to its menu, including the Quarter Pounder Deluxe and Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry.
McDonald's will support the return of Monopoly with an ad campaign, by Leo Burnett, spanning TV, outdoor, digital and point-of-sale. The TV ad, in 20- and 30-second formats, will show Mr Monopoly protecting the fortunes in his futuristic lair.
The brand will also promote the game through digital channels, with a YouTube homepage takeover and updates on its McDonald's UK Facebook page. Media and digital ads were bought by OMD.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Lead Planner Source £60000 - £65000 per annum + full benefits & top career progression , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...