Ogilvy to launch behavioural arm
Ogilvy & Mather UK is to launch a behavioural sciences service called #OgilvyChange.
Sutherland: aims to help marketers better understand human behaviour
The new division will work exclusively for the agency's client list, which includes Kraft, Unilever, Ford, IBM and American Express.
#OgilvyChange will encourage clients to use cognitive psychology, social psychology and behavioural economics to manipulate and understand customer behaviour.
Jez Groom, the director of strategy integration, will oversee #OgilvyChange alongside the agency's vice-chairman, Rory Sutherland, who has championed behavioural economics for the past two years.
Sutherland said: "What we are discovering through behavioural economics is that the way people choose and act in 'decisive moments' is affected by forces which often defy logic.
"Marketers have suffered from a blind spot in their understanding of human behaviour. Removing this should improve the predictive and persuasive power of a wide range of marketing activity."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...