Reality check - January 2012
Our monthly round-up of consumer reaction to TV ads, supplied by Nielsen TV Brand Effect, has a new component this month: measurement of online consumer "buzz". The "most-talked-about ads online" table reveals the ads that generated the most buzz on social media and other online channels during the month.
British Heart Foundation: generated lots of interest online
The percentage figure relates to the proportion of online messages referring to a specific ad, against all discussions about new TV spots in January. Conversations could be negative or positive but, in terms of noise, British Heart Foundation and Weight Watchers were well ahead of the pack.
The Nielsen TV Brand Effect survey measures the percentage of viewers who can recall the storyline of an ad within 24 hours of seeing it. The "most-liked" table measures the percentage of viewers, among those who could recall an ad, who liked it. In January, there seemed to be little correspondence between rates of recall and affection, as not one spot appears in both tables.
Source: Nielsen TV Brand Effect. Only new ads airing 1-31 January. Minimum sample= 150. Online sample= 2,983.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...