Cobra attempts to overtake 20 beer brands with £4m campaign
Cobra Beer, the Indian beer brand owned by Molson Coors, is launching a £4m marketing campaign in a bid to climb from 30th biggest-selling beer brand in the UK, into the top 10.
The campaign, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, showcases Cobra as the choice beer to accompany Indian food, while focusing on its heritage and its taste.
Supported by cinema and digital activity, the campaign uses the strapline, "Cobra, splendidly Indian, superbly smooth".
The TV ad features a train travelling through India, showcasing the vibrant Indian culture and country, through the people travelling on the train, and the landscape the train passes through.
It uses three new Indian talents touted for success: B.L.O.T., a pair of filmmakers, producers and DJs; Manou, a street fashion blogger; and Vandana Verma, a food and lifestyle writer.
Previous work for the brand used the messaging, "Less fizz to go perfectly with curry".
Lord Karan Bilimoria, founder and chairman of Cobra Beer, said: "The new advert tells our story very well, presenting a journey that continues to this day.
"We have a beer that has won multiple awards through the years, and in 2012, we will make great strides for Cobra to become a top 10 beer brand in the UK.
The ninth and 10th biggest selling beers in the off-trade, according to Nielsen, are Peroni Nastro Azzurro and San Miguel, both with sales of £70.2m, while the top seller was Stella Artois with £500.3m.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...