Sky brings back 60s ads for Mad Men launch
Sky Atlantic is celebrating the launch of series five of the US drama series Mad Men on 27 March with ad breaks that will contain only 60s commercials.
Fairy: its ad from the 60s featured Ash (left) and Newman
Viewers will see famous UK advertising from the decade including the Fairy liquid spot featuring Nanette Newman and Leslie Ash.
Other ads that will run during the first episode include Cadbury's Milk Tray, Tetley, Citroën and Kit Kat.
Some of the spots will be from the US to reflect the programme's content and Sky Atlantic's offering. These will include 60s ads from American Airlines and Pringles.
Mad Men launches as a double-bill on Sky Atlantic two days after its US transmission. Sky Media, Sky's advertising division, negotiated the use of the classic ads with advertisers and their agencies.
Sky is also supporting the new series with a specially commissioned documentary, Ad Men, looking at the British admen who changed the industry in the 60s.
Nick Milligan, the managing director of Sky Media, said: "Taking our inspiration from the series, we wanted to give our viewers the opportunity to enjoy ads from the era of Mad Men and to create real event programming."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...