Kronenbourg hands £5m creative account to Ogilvy & Mather
The Heineken-owned beer brand Kronenbourg 1664 has appointed Ogilvy & Mather to its £5 million UK advertising account.
Kronenbourg: BBH was the former incumbent
The agency beat CHI & Partners, JWT London and WCRS to the business after a review that was called in March through AAR.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty was the incumbent on the account but did not repitch. The agency was appointed to the business in July 2010 when it was moved out of M&C Saatchi, after nine years, without a pitch.
BBH created the "slow the pace" positioning for Kronenbourg that featured Motörhead and Madness playing slowed-down versions of the classic songs Ace Of Spades and Baggy Trousers.
The campaign spanned TV, documentary films, print, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook activity.
BBH’s global ad duties on the Heineken-owned Sol, which it won in June last year after a pitch, are not affected by the appointment of Ogilvy & Mather.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- eCRM Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £37000 per annum, Vauxhall
- Head of Brand Communications Stopgap £50000 - £57000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Art Director x3 AF Selection £40,000 - £55,000, Warwickshire
- Business Development Manager Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus , City of London