Tesco introduces Making Moments Matter internal programme
Tesco has launched a 'Making Moments Matter' staff training programme, but claims the phrase will not be adapted into a new ad strapline.
Tesco: recent Diamond Jubilee ad by The Red Brick Road
News of the introduction of the staff training programme comes after Marketing revealed in June that the supermarket giant was considering ditching its 'Every little helps" strapline after 20 years.
A Tesco spokeswoman categorically denied 'Making Moments Matter' would be used in advertising campaigns and insisted it was for internal use only.
She said: "It is a staff training programme around customer service and that’s what this refers to. It’s not a marketing campaign – it’s an internal phrase."
It is understood the 'Making Moments Matter' philosophy revolves around "caring about everything, but being obsessive about the customers" and will involve fewer internal meetings and more time on the shop floor.
"Every little helps" began life as an internal slogan before its popularity resulted in it being adapted into a customer-facing strapline.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...