Video: Matt Luscombe on global challenges and IHG's new boutique brand
Matt Luscombe, senior vice president of sales and marketing, IHG, talks to Brand Republic about the biggest challenges facing the international hotel group, discusses Hotel Indigo, the newest addition to its portfolio, and offers some candid advice to graduates.
Matt Luscombe: senior vice president of sales and marketing, IHG
Luscombe talks about the nine Hotel Indigos now open across Europe, describing the enterprise as one of IHG's "fastest growing brands". Luscombe says, "It's what we call a lifestyle or boutique brand so it's an upscale brand but very different to what you might consider a normal branded hotel".
He describes the biggest challenge facing the hotel group, citing the "sheer complexity of the business" and the multitude of brands both in the UK and internationally.
He also offers his advice to graduates hoping to break into the marketing industry, revealing, "you can get a long way in life by making your boss look good".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...