Sony splits from creative agency Anomaly
Sony is parting ways with Anomaly, its lead creative agency across Europe, after a restructure of the electronics giant's marketing department.
Sony: restructuring its marketing department
Anomaly, which picked up the account from Fallon in 2009, will stop working with the brand from January 2013.
Following Anomaly's split with Sony, the bulk of its advertising will be global work that is briefed out of its global headquarters in Tokyo.
Paul Graham, the Anomaly founding partner, said: "Given the work is moving back to Tokyo, we've decided we can, and should, focus on other things."
Sony's sales and marketing staff in Europe have been in a consultation process since April, following the brand's decision to cut 1,000 jobs in the region.
Sony overhauled its UK marketing operations this month, adopting a pan-European structure with the head of marketing for Europe, Gildas Pelliet, at the helm. He was formerly the Sony UK and Ireland managing director.
Pelliet will be supported by nine platform and product marketing heads. Shaun Dorrington will lead marketing in the UK, with Matt Coombe remaining the head of brand and consumer activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...