Daily Diary: Advertising's croaky crooner
What do you get when you cross Pink with Adele? No not Beth Ditto. Advertising's very own Leila Williams of course, who will be showcasing her singing talent to her peers on Thursday at the Best Awards. No pressure.
Leila Williams (not to be confused with the former Miss Great Britain and first female Blue Peter presenter) is currently a communications manager at Sanderson International Marketing, working for founder, Iain Sanderson.
However, after four years of trudging London’s underground music scene, the rising star has finally managed to trade in ROI for a recording contract.
She will be belting out her new single ‘Broken’ with her indie rock brand, ‘Leila Sings’ at the Best Awards, organised by the Marketing Agencies Association.
Another industry talent will also take to the Best Awards stage on Thursday. Former Billington Cartmell copywriter and stand-up comedian, Russell Kane, will host the Awards ceremony held at The Brewery, for the second year running.
You can see this year’s Awards nominations here.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London