Havas acquires majority stake in US creative technology agency
Havas has acquired a majority stake in US creative technology agency Victors & Spoils.
Victors & Spoils: majority stake acquired by Havas
The agency was founded in 2009 by former Crispin Porter & Bogusky employees John Winsor, who was vice-president and executive director of strategy and innovation at the agency; Evan Fry, former vice-president and creative director; and Claudia Batten, a co-founder of gaming advertising network Massive.
V&S, which counts Coca-Cola, Levi's, Mercedes-Benz and Unilever among its clients, labels itself as a technology-centric advertising agency, based on crowdsourcing principles. It uses a proprietary Fan Machine platform, which, through digital technology, manages its crowd of more than 6,000 creatives across the world.
Following the acquisition, V&S will be part of the Havas Worldwide business unit. One of the first joint projects will be to use the V&S proprietary technology to create a 15,000-person professional Havas "crowd" from which to source ideas.
In addition to his role as chief executive at V&S, Winsor will assume the role of chief innovation officer at Havas. The V&S management team remains unchanged and will continue to own a minority stake in the agency.
David Jones, chief executive at Havas, said: "When an industry goes through a revolution, you can either sit and watch it happen, or embrace the exciting new business models at the forefront of that revolution. Victors & Spoils is one of those new models that is challenging our entire industry and I'm delighted to welcome them into the group. The client list they have been able to build in only two years is testament to the power of their model."
Winsor added: "In this new world of digital abundance, where great ideas can come from everywhere, the future of advertising is radically changing. David's vision for Havas is something I deeply believe in and will only accelerate our vision to change the advertising industry for the better globally, for clients and creatives."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...