Tunicliffe appointed to head growth at GroupM
WPP's GroupM has appointed veteran international media agency executive Mike Tunicliffe to the newly created role of chief growth officer.
Mike Tunicliffe: appointed chief growth officer at GroupM
Tunicliffe will be tasked with maximising "support for GroupM agencies in the areas of new business, organic growth, and collaboration initiatives," according to the group.
He will create a "central growth team," consisting of agency professionals and GroupM and WPP resources that will provide added value services, senior-level expertise, resources, tools, coordination and overall guidance for the individual new business development operations at each GroupM agency including Maxus, MEC, MediaCom and Mindshare.
Rob Norman, chief executive of GroupM North America, said: "In order to ensure that our agencies' new business operations are running at full speed, it's essential that they maximise all the resources available to them, not only within GroupM, but also within our holding company, WPP."
Tunicliffe joined GroupM in September 2010 as leader of specialist services. He was responsible for revenue growth and the development of specialist services across the group.
Norman added: "Mike and his team will ensure that all our agencies have access to and utilise the many and varied specialist resources available to them throughout this vast network.
Tunicliffe was previously UK chief executive of CIA Medianetwork (now MEC) and prior to that was chief executive of the former Western International Media in the UK, which was merged into Initiative Media.
Earlier this month, WPP launched GroupM Next, an innovation unit designed to support its agencies.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Web Designer/Developer JM Digital £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...