Cannes 2012: Drop in UK agencies shortlisted for Cyber Lions
The UK's showing on the Cyber shortlist was down on last year's performance, with just 19 nominations.
Shortlisted: Kaiser Chiefs “bespoke album creation experience” by Wieden & Kennedy
AMV BBDO leads the country’s hopes, bagging six nominations, followed by Ogilvy & Mather with four and Wieden & Kennedy’s three.
Other UK agencies shortlisted comprised Bartle Bogle Hegarty, with two, AKQA, JWT, Glue Isobar and Evidently London with one apiece.
AMV was nominated for its Mercedes "escape the map" work in the animation and automotive categories, Guinness "sheep dog" in the viral and integrated categories and Snickers "you’re not yourself when you’re hungry", also in viral and integrated.
Ogilvy & Mather was shortlisted twice for Kern & Sohn "the gnome experiment", with another two nominations for Dove "the Dove ad makeover".
Wieden & Kennedy made the list with two nominations for Kaiser Chiefs "bespoke album creation experience", and one for its Honda "the experiment game" work.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty bagged two nominations for Asos "urban tour", while JWT got a nod for Male Cancer Awareness "Rhian Sudgen touches herself", AKQA was listed for Nike "academy", and Glue for British Heart Foundation "hands only CPR".
The US dominated the list with 44 entries shortlisted out of a total of 172.
Last year the UK put in a distinctly stronger performance at the shortlisting stage, picking up 42 nominations.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Seven Search and Selection Competitive plus package, East Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...