Unilever, the owner of brands including Lynx and Flora, is close to reaching a decision on its European media buying review (which includes the UK), with Initiative no longer in the frame to pick up any European tasks. The Interpublic-owned agency, which looks after Unilever's buying in Latin America, Russia and Greece, had pitched for the business alongside the incumbents, Mindshare, which has Western Europe, and PHD, which handles Central and Eastern Europe. Final talks are expected to continue into next week. The process is being led client-side by Luis De Como, Unilever's senior vice-president of global media.
Lynx: the brand's owner Unilever is nearing the end of its Euro media buying review
Agencies will be pleased to hear that the long-awaited Nature Valley pan-European advertising pitch is finally kicking off. The pitch for the General Mills brand's ad business is scheduled for early next month. Rosie Doggett, the independent marketing procurement consultant at RAD Consulting, is handling the process. Work Club is the incumbent on the UK account.
Npower's long-awaited ad review is set to commence in earnest in the next fortnight. AAR is handling the process.
Associated British Foods will let agencies know this Friday (21 September) if they have made it to the chemistry meeting stage of its media pitch, following the client digesting initial RFIs. It is understood that the client is considering a list of potential agencies. ID Comms is handling the review.
Nivea's owner, Beiersdorf, which launched a media review of its Northern European territories back in May, has whittled its agency list down to two, MEC and the incumbent, Carat. OMD is no longer in the running.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)