A&E/DDB wins global digital brief for Lipton tea brands
Adam & Eve/DDB has picked up the global digital ad account for Unilever's Lipton Ice Tea and hot tea brands after a competitive pitch.
Lipton: looking to appeal to younger consumers
Unilever approached agencies last month inviting them to pitch for the worldwide brief that is thought to involve making the Lipton brand more appealing to younger consumers. Part of this includes the launch of a new teapot product.
The Lipton Ice Tea brand was previously handled by Profero, while the hot tea business was handled on a market-by-market basis.
The DDB network has worked with Lipton on its above-the-line business since 2007, but this marks the first time that Unilever has consolidated its business into a single agency. The business will be led out of Adam & Eve/DDB in London.
DDB Paris was responsible for a 2010 global TV and online ad campaign that featured the brand's global brand ambassador, the Australian actor Hugh Jackman, best known for playing the role of Wolverine in the X-Men series of films.
More recently, the brand has run a sampling campaign, "teavoloution", that targeted 18- to 24-year-olds using the strapline: "Surprisingly refreshing and tasty."
Britvic acquired the UK distribution rights to Lipton Ice Tea in 2009 in an agreement with Pepsi Lipton International, which is jointly owned by Unilever and PepsiCo.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...