Ex-MCBD trio launch shop
The former MCBD and Dare trio Helen Calcraft, Danny Brooke-Taylor and Andy Nairn are preparing to launch a start-up advertising agency in the spring.
Nairn, Calcraft and Brooke-Taylor (l-r): the former MCBD and Dare trio are reuniting
The shop is expected to be independently owned and self-funded, and its launch will reunite the high-profile suit, creative and planner.
The start-up does not yet have a name.
Calcraft, who co-founded MCBD before becoming the chairman after its merger with Dare, scaled down her involvement with the agency before quitting in 2011. Brooke-Taylor, the joint executive creative director, resigned in February 2012, while Nairn, the chief strategy officer and last remaining former MCBD senior executive at Dare, left at the end of last year after a period on a freelance contract at the agency.
During their time at MCBD, the trio worked on campaigns such as the 2008 "go on lad" spot for Hovis and "essential Waitrose", which won gold at the 2010 IPA Effectiveness Awards.
MCBD was merged into Dare in November 2010 by its parent company Cossette UK, which was subsequently rebranded as EdC Europe.
Calcraft, Brooke-Taylor and Nairn would not comment on the agency launch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...