MediaCom hires Marco Ramos to run Sky account
MediaCom has hired Marco Ramos, a former communications planning director and joint head of performance at Carat, to lead its BSkyB account as managing partner, ahead of the departure of Tim Ainsworth.
Marco Ramos: joins MediaCom as managing partner for its BSkyB account
Ramos will report to chief operating officer Josh Krichefski and will lead a team of more than 60 people working on the Sky business.
While at Carat, Ramos was the client lead on the Santander account, working on the major rebrand of the high-street bank from Abbey. He also previously worked on campaigns for British Gas, The AA and Npower.
Krichefski said: "Marco brings 14 years of experience, helping clients balance their brand and response-based activities, and was the obvious choice to lead the Sky Team."
Ramos said: "I‘m a massive fan of Sky as a customer and am really excited to be joining a team that is rich with some of the most passionate, clever, innovative and forward-thinking people I’ve met in media."
Since Ainsworth came off the account some months ago, ahead of his departure from MediaCom, the Sky business has been run by Claire Ferguson, head of client service at the agency.
Ainsworth has taken a role closer to his home and young family in the East Midlands, with marketing services consultancy Communisis.
Ramos starts in his new role with immediate effect.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...