Interpublic to appoint UK chief executive of IPG Mediabrands
Interpublic will look to appoint a chief executive of IPG Mediabrands UK, following global changes that will see Jim Hytner, global chief executive of the Initiative network, take the role of chief executive of IPG Mediabrands G14.
Jim Hytner: to become chief executive of IPG Mediabrands G14
Hytner confirmed that IPG is also planning to launch its third media agency network, BPN, in the UK, but said the exact details had not been finalised.
In time the chief executives of the UK media agencies will report to the new UK group chief executive, aping the structure of IPG Mediabrands in other G14 countries, such as China, India, the Netherlands, Germany and Spain.
When questioned about industry speculation, Hytner said there were no plans to integrate Initiative and UM London in the UK and, moreover, he hoped the changes would allow the agencies to differentiate themselves further.
Hytner said: "The changes will actually help us differentiate between the brands. We don't want all brands to be the same, but to drive differences between the networks and that's one of things I will do in my new role.
"UM and Initiative should be more different than ever."
Meanwhile, Jacki Kelley, previously global chief executive of UM, will move to the new role of chief executive of IPG Mediabrands North America, and president of global clients.
Jim Elms, chief strategy officer of IPG Mediabrands, will become global chief executive of Initiative. Daryl Lee, chief strategy officer at McCann Worldgroup, has been appointed global chief executive of UM.
Elms and Lee will focus on product, proposition and process development within their agency networks, while Hytner and Kelley will have profit-and-loss accountability for all agencies and propositions in their geographical area.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...