Major travel brands launch January sale onslaught
Travel companies including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, TUI and Thomas Cook have kicked off their annual price promotions in a bid to bump up bookings for summer holidays.
First Choice: 'all inclusive' campaign
British Airways is running a press campaign to support 'The Goodbye Winter Sale' at ba.com, which launched in December and closes on 24 January.
BA is slashing fares to New York to as low as £376 return and Hong Kong from £579 return, among other destinations, for selected dates.
Rival airline Virgin Atlantic's Christmas sale continues, advertising return economy class flights to New York for £374 and Shanghai for £577 on selected dates up until 30 September. The airline's sale also ends on 24 January.
Thomas Cook is advertising its own "cheap price guarantee", in which it claims it will beat rivals on price, alongside an offer of up to £400 off its summer holidays, following a turbulent year for the tour operator, which recorded a profit-loss of £398m in its full year results for 2011.
Rival TUI, which owns the Thomson Holidays and First Choice brands, is offering savings of up to £200 per couple and free child places on a range of its holidays, including First Choice Holiday Villages and Splash World.
TUI, which announced it was relaunching the First Choice brand as "the home of all-inclusive" last year, has not specified how many discounts and free child places are available saying it is a "first come, first served" offer.
Online holiday brand lastminute.com is running a sale this month on hotels and holidays, offering up to 50% off bookings until 10am on 16 January and 10am on 24 January for flights.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...