VIDEO: Ryanair's O'Leary launches hotel comparison site
No-frills airline Ryanair has launched its first hotels comparison website, Ryanairhotels.com, which chief executive Michael O'Leary claims it will promote with a €1m (£819,000) marketing push.
Ryanair claims that the site guarantees passengers the lowest prices on more than 300,000 hotels across Europe.
The site compares hotels ranging form small independents to luxury five-star accommodation.
O'Leary told Marketing that the brand will be spending €1m on email marketing for the hotels site over the course of 2012.
The airline chief executive dressed in pyjamas for the launch of the site yesterday (18 April).
Yesterday however, he said he would be putting money into marketing the new site because, "Ryanair is a well-known brand, but Ryanairhotels.com isn't, and we want to get the message out there.
"We're more concerned to build up the business and use whatever commissions we get to build up the promoting, the advertising, and the brand of the Ryanairhotels.com website."
O'Leary said: "Making money in the short term isn’t the objective – guaranteeing that people get the lowest [priced] accommodation across Europe is the objective.
"We guarantee people the lowest prices at every hotel on that website, and, if they find a lower price at those hotels than on the Ryanair website, we'll refund the difference to them."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...