Razorfish scoops Emirates social media business
The Emirates Group has appointed Razorfish to handle its global social media activity after a pitch.
Emirates: appointed Razorfish
The appointment comes as the global airline group, which has previously lacked an organised social media presence, is turning to Facebook to build an emotional connection with its customers.
Razorfish will create a Facebook page as the first step in establishing the group's social media footprint.
The airline hopes to make its brand more relevant to a wider audience, as well as driving loyalty among existing customers.
Emirates is hoping to catch up with rivals such as American Airlines and Air France - the carriers with the most popular Facebook pages.
British Airways launched an app last August and also uses its Facebook page as a marketing tool.
Emirates recently launched a global TV campaign by its lead creative agency, StrawberryFrog, using the strapline: "Hello tomorrow."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Insight Analyst - FMCG Company NG Digital Marketing up to £30k + bens, Greater London
- Social Media Manager Pitch Consultants £33000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Strategy Director Lipton Fleming £75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits, Manchester