Flybe in £9m brand repositioning
Flybe, the biggest regional carrier operating across Europe, is undertaking a £9m marketing repositioning to distance itself from negative perceptions of the low-cost airline model.
Flybe campaign: 'Making flying better'
The campaign, created by ad agency Souk, encompasses TV, press, outdoor, radio and digital. It introduces the strap-line: ‘Making flying better.’
The fresh positioning primarily targets business travellers, who account for about 45% of Flybe’s customer base. The strategy emulates easyJet’s focus on this audience.
It will promote an overhaul of the airline’s product offering including a three-tier ticketing price-model – ‘Essentials’, ‘New Economy’ and ‘Economy Plus’. These clearly display the differences in price and advantages and an improved baggage allowance scheme.
Speaking to Marketing, Simon Lilley, Flybe UK’s marketing director, said that the aim was to present the airline as a ‘transparent and upfront’ brand. ‘We need to ensure people understand we are better than the perceived nastiness of the low-cost model,’ he added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London