IAB Engage: easyJet to introduce mobile boarding passes
EasyJet is aiming to become the first low-cost airline to introduce mobile boarding passes as part of "re-engineering" its business to adapt to consumers' mobile adoption, according to marketing director Peter Duffy.
EasyJet marketing director Peter Duffy
Duffy admitted to the IAB Engage audience that only 12 months ago the airline had not been looking at what was happening in mobile, but it was now doing so "in a very serious way".
"There is nothing short of a revolution going on [in mobile]," he said, before revealing that the medium accounted for 7% of traffic to easyjet.com in August. "The growth curve is linear [...] and it over-indexes for short domestic routes."
Mobile boarding passes will be introduced in the second quarter of 2013, but Duffy indicated the company's ambitions were greater.
"We are now looking at how we can use the [easyJet] app to deliver customer information. I find it incredible that customers have these powerful phones but we deliver information over the tannoy."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Customer Insight Analyst Network Marketing £24000 - £28000 per annum, West Yorkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...