Carling puts premium variant Chrome on TV
Carling is matching rival Foster's investment in marketing a premium variant by unleashing a £7m marketing campaign for Carling Chrome, which includes the brand's first TV ad.
The ad, called "anticipation", will make its debut on 21 February during the Brit Awards. It has been created by VCCP Blue and features 'Get it On' by T Rex on the soundtrack.
It tells the story of a couple getting ready for a night out. The man notices a Carling Chrome poster and begins to anticipate drinking the lager. The scene then changes to show the couple entering a bar to meet their friends and drink Carling Chrome.
The overall campaign includes video-on-demand, cinema, outdoor and press. Of its 18- to 34-year-old target audience, 97% are forecast to see the campaign during February and March.
Mike Read, brand director for Carling, said: "Since Carling Chrome was launched in August 2011 we have secured strong distribution across the on and off-trade, and now we are aiming to build on consumer awareness with an exciting, high profile ad campaign."
Carling's activity comes just two weeks before a new £7.5m push for Foster's Gold, also launched last summer, which includes a second TV ad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London