Brand Manager of the Week: Andy Box
Brand manager, Bombardier beer
Describe yourself in three words.
Enthusiastic, persistent, organised.
What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
An aspiring golf pro.
What was your first job?
Market research assistant.
How did you get your first job?
By stepping up from being a part-time mystery customer.
What was your finest hour?
The launch of the latest Bombardier campaign on DAVE - the most intense few months of my life, but very satisfying.
What's your greatest ambition?
To develop award-winning advertising.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Lonely Planet. Full of good ideas, insight and recognised as 'best in class'.
What is your all-time favourite slogan?
BMW's 'The ultimate driving machine.'
Do you have a marketing mentor?
Emily Hudson, marketing manager at Wells & Young's.
What marketing trend is dominating your job at the moment?
The growth of craft beers and micro-breweries and how to capitalise on that with bigger brands.
What are your hobbies?
Watching live rugby and football, playing golf, eating good food and drinking great beer.
If you weren't you, who would you be?
What makes you angry?
Pessimists and politicians.
What is your favourite pub?
The Devonshire Arms, Bedford, is a cracking local with fantastic Wells & Young's beers.
What's your favourite holiday destination?
Carvoeiro, Algarve, Portugal, for the golf, superb beaches and fresh fish.
If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
The next World Cup final at the Maracana in Rio.
If you had three wishes, what would they be?
Good luck, good health, good friends.
What have been your best and worst freebies?
What are freebies?
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...