Laithwaite's Wine targets Classic FM audience in six-figure partnership
Laithwaite's Wine, the independent wine merchant, has partnered Classic FM to fund a new 11-part series fronted by actor Simon Callow about the connection between wine and music.
Simon Callow: hosts Classic FM show backed by Laithwaite's Wine
The six-figure investment, brokered by VCCP Media, includes sponsorship credits and promotional trails, and exclusive content on classicfm.com.
The show, called 'Tasting Notes', began on Sunday and is based around research that claims flavour can be enhanced by music.
Each week Callow will host the two-hour show, which features many of the regions across the globe from which Laithwaite’s sources its wine, aiming to pair a piece of classical music with an accompanying glass of wine.
Listeners will be given the opportunity to order the wine featured in the upcoming programmes from Laithwaite’s Wine.
Glenn Caton, managing director of Laithwaite’s Wine, said: "With our wines, Classic FM’s audience and Simon Callow’s personal musical selection, we hope to create a uniquely engaging and enjoyable experience for Classic FM’s listeners and our customers."
Sam Jackson, managing editor at Classic FM, said: "In our 20 years of broadcasting, this is the first time that Classic FM has created a series that links the power of classical music and wine in such a ground-breaking way."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Executive (Search Marketing) Brand Recruitment £27000 per annum + benefits, Bury St. Edmunds
- Consumer Insight & Innovation Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000 + car, Camberley
- Account Director | Digital Nu Creative Talent £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, West London
- Head of Digital Brand Recruitment £55000 - £60000 per annum + car and bonus, Peterborough